Carlee Russell Kidnapping: She lied about kidnapping and toddler

Carlee Russell kidnap

Carlee Russell’s attorney apologizes on his client’s behalf and delivers a statement acknowledging that the alleged Carlee Russell kidnapping narrative was false. Carlee Russell’s claim that she was kidnapped after stopping on the side of the road to comfort a crying toddler was false. According to a statement from her attorney, she lied.

On the evening of July 13, the 25-year-old Alabama woman claimed to have been abducted after stopping to help a young child who was wandering alone on Interstate 459 wearing diapers. Two days after the allegedly abducted, she returned home.

Even when police publicly voiced doubt about her claim, her family remained steadfast.

But Hoover Police Chief Nicholas Derzis stated on Monday that Ms. Russell’s lawyer, Emory Anthony, has now issued a statement stating that there had been no kidnapping.

The declaration said, in part: “There was no kidnapping on Thursday, July 13. My client did not see a baby on the side of the road.” Carlee Russell’s kidnap was all just a false narrative.

Carlee Russell kidnapping story: Reality

According to a statement from her lawyer, Carlee Russell, the Alabama lady who earlier this month went missing for 49 hours after calling 911 about a child on an interstate. She said she was not kidnapped and did not see a baby on the side of the road.

Carlee Russell kidnap

The 26-year-old lady never left the Hoover area and acted alone. That’s according to a statement from attorney Emory Anthony that Hoover Police Chief Nick Derzis made at a press conference Monday afternoon.

When Carlee Russell’s kidnapping narrative gained doubt. CrimeStoppers withdrew a promise to reimburse nearly $63,000 in donations made in her search.

During the two-day hunt for the lady from Alabama, more than $63,000 was raised. Yet despite originally promising to do so, the organization provides anonymous information concerning illegal activities. And has announced that the money would not be repaid.

Hoover Police Chief on the case

49 hours later, at about 10:45 p.m., she made her way back home on foot, according to Hoover police.

Anthony stated in the statement, “We ask for your prayers for Carlee as she confronts her difficulties and seeks to move ahead, realizing that she made a mistake in this situation.”

Derzis said, Russell may face charges, and his office is examining the situation with the district attorney’s office in Jefferson County. According to Derzis, the police don’t know why Russell did what she did.

He stated that Anthony will meet with the police on Tuesday.

On Monday, Russell and Anthony were scheduled to meet with investigators. But the attorney emailed the statement instead, asking that the chief read it to the media and share that Carlee Russell’s kidnapping was a lie played out by herself.

Leave a Reply